Friday, July 10, 2009

Candy Take-Out Containers

Tonight I was tired, tired, tired of sewing. I spent the whole morning sewing the squares that will go under the centerpieces. My poor little sewing machine was kaput.

So, with my sewing machine glaring at me from across the table, I decided to work on adding the Thank You tags to the take-out containers for the candy (from the lovely black and white candy bar, yum!).
I made the tags on the computer and printed them on linen-textured cardstock. Then, I punched them out with a scalloped square punch. Finally, I punched holes in the top and added black grommets. Were the grommets necessary? No, but the tags do look a whole lot nicer with the grommets. I love, love, love grommets. I think I have about 20 different colors of grommets!
After adding the lovely grommets, I cut the blue ribbon and threaded it through the grommet hole.
And tied the tags to the wire handles on the take out containers (all 120 of them). Whew!

Tomorrow... I think I am taking a break...

No comments: